Chapter 7: Collaboration
in the Cloud
IT WASN’T ALWAYS A good thing when people at a meeting were said to
have their heads in the clouds. Today, however, cloud-based meetings and
cloud-based collaboration tools are some of the information technology
industry’s hottest items. What began as web-based e-mail has exploded to
include cloud-based conference meetings, face-to-face voice over Internet
protocol phone calls on virtually any device, document sharing, and
streaming media content.
This chapter examines examines cloud-based collaboration in detail. By the time you finish this
chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Define and describe collaboration.
- Define and describe cloud-based collaboration.
- List the benefits of cloud-based collaboration.
- List and describe cloud-based tools for document sharing.
- List questions that one should consider with respect to cloud-based
- Discuss the potential uses of cloud-based streaming media, from
presentations to TV.